300 yard Shuttle Test. The objective of this test is to monitor the athlete's intermediate anaerobic power (lactate system).
To undertake this test you will require:
- 2 cones placed 25yds (22.8m) apart
- Stop watch
How to conduct the test
- The athlete starts at one cone
- The assistant gives the command to 'Go'
- The athlete performs 12 shuttle runs between the two cones
- At each turn the athlete is to touch the cone
- The assistant records the time taken to complete the 12 shuttle runs.
Analysis of the result is by comparing it with the results of previous tests. It is expected that, with appropriate training between each test, the analysis would indicate an improvement.
This test is suitable for active individuals but not for those where the test would be contraindicated.
Reliability would depend upon how strict the test is conducted and the individual's level of motivation to perform the test.
There are no published tables to relate results to potential performance in competition.
Mackenzie, Brian. 2005. 101 Performance Evalution Test. Electric World Plc. London.