Required Resources 505 Agility Test
To undertake this 505 agility test you will require:
- 6 cones
- Tape measure
- Non slip surface
- Stop watch
How to conduct the testThe 505 agility test is conducted as follows:
- Mark out the course as per the diagram above. The distance from A to B is 10m and the distance from B to C is 5m
- The athlete runs from the start line (A) towards the 10m line (B) (run in distance to build up speed)
- The assistant starts the stop watch as the athlete passes through the 10m line (B)
- The athlete runs on to the 15m line (C), turns and runs back towards the start line
- The assistant stops the stop watch when the athlete passes through the 10m line (B) on their return to the start line
- The best of two trails is recorded.
AnalysisAnalysis of the result is by comparing it with the results of previous tests. It is expected that, with appropriate training between each test, the analysis would indicate an improvement in the athlete's agility.
Target groupThis 505 Agility Test is suitable for active athletes but not for individuals where the test would be contraindicated.
ReliabilityReliability would depend upon how strict the test is conducted and the individual's level of motivation to perform the test.
ValidityThere are no published tables to relate results to potential performance in competition.
Mackenzie, Brian. 2005. 101 Performance Evalution Test. Electric World Plc. London.